Wednesday 28 March 2012

'Captured', Book 3 in the 'Serenity' Series is Now Available to Buy!

Wow! What an exciting 24 hours it has been! Yesterday saw the release of the third novel in my dark vampire 'Serenity' series and within the day the book hit the top 100 for fantasy on Amazon in both the States and the UK.

On top of that, the first book in the series, 'Alone', is currently offered for free and is sitting firmly in the number one spot on Amazon for free contemporary fantasy!

This whole thing has just been such an adventure and I can hardly believe that this is just the start. Though I was first published in 2009, it was only when I began releasing books myself that anything started happening. I'm currently only a year into this 'indie author' course of my career and I can't wait to discover what the next year will bring. I'm literally hearing from readers every day now, telling me how much they love my books. Nothing feels better than that.

'Captured' is my fourth published novel, but I still have plenty more to come! I have three completed manuscripts waiting patiently in my laptop. One of which, 'Underlife' is my personal favourite and I hope to have out in August. I could get the book out sooner, but I want to take a break from the editing for a while. I'm planning on writing my Young Adult spin-off over the summer and then I'll start editing again!

I've also made the decision of employing the services of the lovely Danielle at Philia Book Tours to help me do the one thing I'm terrible at in this business - scheduling guest blogs! She is going to be setting up blog posts for me each month so I hope she'll keep me in line. If I've got a deadline for anything, I'll always get it done, but if it's a case of 'I can do some writing or I can start contacting people to see if they'll have me on their blog' you can bet I'll chose the writing every time! Danielle is an absolute necessity for me if I'm going to start having a presence in the blogging world.

So don't forget, if you have not tried the series yet, you can read book one, 'Alone', for free at many different book sites, including Amazon. And, for the first week only, 'Captured' will be offered at only $0.99, so if you're thinking of working your way through the books, now is a good time to buy. Just click here to go through to Amazon!

Catch you all later. I'm off to plan book four!

4 comments:

  1. For anyone who hasnt read this series yet you must it is an awesome series and the author Marissa Farrar is just as wonderful. ***** 5 Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, M. Soon my Kindle will be full to the brim and it will be only with your books!! ;) If you catch me standing directly behind you, not to worry. It isn't anything sketchy. It's a NASCAR thing. I don't watch auto racing, but I know what it is. A car gets directly behind a lead care and that car pulls it onward.
    Seriously, I am very happy to monitor your progress. Congrats, my friend.

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your lovely comments! Jimmy, you're welcome to stand behind me any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey i want to read this really bad have a nook and it not on their website yet.

    ReplyDelete