Wednesday 23 December 2009

All things Christmassy…

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!  Hurrah! I can’t believe how quickly it has come around this year, it feels like I was only opening the first day of the advent calendar (chocolate, of course – frankly, anything else is just a waste of time) a week ago.

Pressies are mostly bought and wrapped, Christmas cake has been made and half-eaten, chocolate Yule log has been made and completely eaten (whoops), so I am feeling relatively prepared.  This year is the first that my daughter has really understood what is going on and it is great to see her so excited. She has been asking for Santa to bring her a ‘star-present’ (whatever the hell that is!) so I hope she won’t be disappointed!

Slightly depressed that I will be spending this year sober, but at least I can be super-smug on boxing day when everyone else is moaning about their hangovers.  I fully intend to boil some haddock and poach some very soft eggs for everyone very early in the morning, just to get my own back…

Anyhow, I thought I would leave you all with a clip from one of my favourite Christmas movies with a bit of a festive touch to get you all in the mood – love it!

Merry Christmas everyone – thank you all or your support over the last few months.  I hope you all have a fantastic day…

No comments:

Post a Comment